191 Broadway Rockland ME 04841
This resume also available in: PDF | ODT | TXT | LinkedIn | StackOverflow
Primary developer of VeroTrack, a product for GPS-based gas leak survey tracking, which is used by over 100 users, tracks 47,000 miles of gas mains and has recorded 75 million GPS points representing 75,000 miles of surveying.
Software Engineer | Ubisense | Oct 2011 - June 2015
InMaps was acquired by Ubisense in 2011.
- Train new developers and testers as the VeroTrack team expands or changes.
- Participate in product planning meetings.
- Meet with customers to determine areas of VeroTrack that need to be customized and implement those customizations.
- Developed specifications and strategies to integrate VeroTrack with the Ubisense myWorld platform.
- Implemented VeroTrack-like technology on myWorld, Ubisense's web based mapping platform.
Software Engineer | InMaps | July 2010 - Oct 2011
Primary software developer for VeroTrack and involved in every aspect of VeroTrack product development:
- Gathered requirements from potential customers.
- Wrote specifications and selected a vendor for a Windows Mobile mapping library.
- Developed Windows Mobile client after alpha release from vendor.
- Evaluated options for server technologies and made decisions.
- Full stack development of Server component.
- Implemented interface to record readings from several major manufacturers of methane detectors via Bluetooth.
- Testing and documentation.
- Demoed the proof of concept and incorporated feedback.
- Deployed VeroTrack for multiple customers and did customer support.
- Supervised contractors who helped with VeroTrack development as needed.
- Implemented issue tracking in Fogbugz for InMaps that would later become the issue tracking used by all of Ubisense.
Software Developer / Consultant | InMaps | June 2007 - July 2010
Consulted with gas and electric utilities to maintain and improve their GE Smallworld GIS.
- Worked with team on proposals and estimates.
- Implemented proposals using the Smallworld programming language called Magik and SQL.
- Migrated company source control from SourceSafe to Subversion and administered the Subversion server.
- Maintained a gas utility's internal Java web app for maintaining their customer data.
- Wrote specifications for a major manufacturer of methane detectors for a Java standalone app to record and visualize methane and GPS data in real time.
- Reviewed the work of a contractor who wrote the Java standalone app and requested changes as necessary.
- Maintained the app after contractor delivered first version.
Technologies: GE Smallworld, Magik, SQL, Java, Emacs
Research Assistant | MaineSAIL (Software Agent and Artificial Intelligence Lab) | 2006 - 2007
Maintained Common Lisp and LaTeX code for research projects and web site
Technologies: Lisp, LaTeX, Emacs
Homework Consultant | UMaine Computer Science Department | 2004 - 2006
Assisted other CS students with homework in computer lab
Technologies: C, C++, Visual Basic
B.S. in Computer Science, University of Maine 2003 - 2007